Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Last Request


This past Saturday was All Saints Day, and since Jose and I couldn't go to the supermarket (although we really needed to) and since we like the cemetery anyway, we took a walk up to where all the action was.

As we were walking around, me taking pictures a little self-consciously, a very important thing occurred to me, which I shared with Jose. When I die, if it's before you, and where ever I'm buried, please do not, ever, put plastic flowers on my grave. And, if for some reason, you absolutely must put plastic flowers on my grave, please do not put fluorescent plastic flowers on my grave.

I don't know if you can properly appreciate just how fluorescent these flowers were, but you could see them half a mile away! Incredible.



And here's a moment, just before we left. You can see the people, the graves and the flowers. And Jose, who was in a hurry to leave. But what made me take the video was the music coming from the chapel, which we listened to all morning long!

No comments: