Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Villages around Toledo

It's really weird how my frame of mind can change so much depending on whether I'm in Spain or the US. It's probably a post for the other blog, but it's really obvious in the house hunt. Why, when in the US I'm perfectly happy to live in the middle of nowhere and drive everywhere, I'm now reluctant to move to a village with no supermarket, library or park? I fear I'm starting to have a European mentality regarding villages!!

We are now in the village hunt phase. Toledo, as charming as it is, nestled among mountains and the river Tajo, doesn't have a lot of space (and the space it has is very hilly!). So almost all (99%) of the housing you have is apartments, and not just any apartments, outrageously overpriced apartments. So, since my one requirement for our house is a backyard and Jose's requirement is cheap, we're scouting out all the villages surrounding Toledo. There are many, because we are not the first to have this idea! However, finding one that is actually a village and not a glorified suburb of Toledo is surprisingly difficult!

We're hoping for something like this ---------------->











<-------------------------Yet, not like this.



But here's a fun one. Some fruit and pumpkins in a fruit shop in one of the villages.

No comments: