Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another visit to the doctor

Here's how my visit to the gynecologist went yesterday:

Nurse: Hi, how are you? Anything abnormal? Etc, etc.

Me: Nope, everything's fine.

Nurse: Ok, well, you have to wait a few months for the results which will be sent to your house. Oh and by the way, I have two kids who are 11 and 8, and I'm looking for an English teacher for them. They are really cute and nice kids, but I'm worried about sending them in the afternoon, now with this new flu. So, you'd have to pick them up at school and stay with them a few hours, maybe help them with their homework. But they're great, really smart. The oldest one has great grades in English and the little one loves games. What do you think? Would you be interested? Do you know someone else? Here, I'll give you my number and you can call me in September. But it would be fantastic.

Me: Um, ok...I'll let you know.


The strange thing is, this has happened before! I had a doctor be really short with me until the end when he wanted to practice his English for a few minutes. I just feel bad for all the other people waiting in the hallway while the doctors and nurses chat!

No comments: