Saturday, April 18, 2009

Step 2: April 24

After Step 1 (the theory test) of my driver's license went so well (100%), I'm hoping for the same luck with Step 2!!! My driving instructor has submitted me to the driving exam next Friday, April 24.

So far, I have done 9 classes of "Practicas", each lasting 45 minutes. It's about as exciting as it sounds, I just drive around for these 45 minutes, waiting for a difficult situation to arise (a hill start, a particularly full roundabout, pedestrians who dart onto crosswalks and the like).

Although I have been a licensed driver in the US for 11 years, I did need a few lessons to learn how to successfully go from point A to B with a manual transmission (and I was really bad...and now not much better). But well, knowing how to drive a manual is just one of those things everyone should know, and now I do.

Anyway, wish me luck!

The Tally:
Time:
27 hours studying for the theory exam in the school
9 driving classes (of 45 minutes each)
* I expect to do 3 or 4 more this week before going to the exam.

Money:
527 euros (sign up, doctor's note, exam fees, and 10 lessons)

No comments: