Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Journey to Driving Legally in Spain

If you read my other blog, Being Here and There, then you know I signed up for driving school last week. (Take a look over there for the reasons why I signed up and how this makes my life suck.) I've decided to chart my progress here and save the other blog for the big steps and interesting cultural moments that are sure to interest those who read the blog for the insight of my life in Spain. :o)


So, let's get to the charting.


Time
My goal is to be a legal driver in Spain before the start of Semana Santa (Easter holidays), which start for me on Saturday, April 11. That gives me 70 days.

I hope to pass the theory test in February, then take about two weeks to pass the driving test. Following the plan, that puts me in the middle of March, three weeks before Semana Santa.

Money
The average cost of getting a driver's license is €1,000. I hope to not pass the average (although doing it in less would be great, too).


So Far...
I signed up on Tuesday and paid €180 (sign up fee and books). It took me about 20 minutes.
Since then I've spent about 5.5 hours studying this week.

No comments: